LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gyana Mishra (Service)     25 August 2009

Status of Trainee

Hi, Is Trainee and Apprentice are different? Is there any law that covers up the Trainee appointed / employed by a company? Do the agreement with a trainee be as of a Employee Contract or a Apprentice Contract type. I will be happy if anyone could provide me with supporting documents or web link.

Learning

1 Replies

Suresh C Mishra (advocate)     25 August 2009

Apprentice definiton  In the Apprenticeship Act 1991 as follows and also the 

[(aa)]"apprentice"   means   a   person   who   is   undergoing apprenticeship  training 3[* * *] in   pursuance   of   a   contract   of apprenticeship;

4[(aaa) "apprenticeship training" means a course of  training  in any  industry  or  establishment  undergone  in  pursuance  of  a contract  of  apprenticeship  and under  prescribed  terms   and conditions  which  may  be  different for different categories of apprentices;]

I think that your querry is related about the definition of apprentice and other conditios will be satisfied under the provisions of this Act and apart from it if an emloyer himself engaged an person as trainee under the provisions of standing Orders or as a contract it will be governed under that contract and relevant laws .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register