state land Kashmir

we have a state land here in my village and we want to develop stadium on it but few people have occupied that land by planting trees and they don't want us to develop stadium on it. what can we do plzz suggest

If you are the owner of the State land, it is not advisable to develop in any manner.  Usually, the State land may be taken by the Government by compensating the owner.  However local laws apply and it is better to consult an advocate of your area.



The land is stated to be owned by State, that is encroached by you, which can not be used for development of stadium without prior permission.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Retired employee.

It is the State that has to decide and few person's  individual choices can not determine the use of land belonging to Govt.


It is the State Government to decide. Please send representation via a Society or NGO on this to your State Government. Probably you may even form a Society for this purpose.


Neither you nor anyone has any rights in the land belonging to state hence you cannot proceed with your proposal to develop that land into a stadium.

Instead you can give a petition to the district collector venting out your intention to provide stadium facility to the local public by developing the said land into stadium.

The MLA or MP also can be approached for this purpose, if you plan to approach them with the group of people giving a joint representation to this effect, the government my consider your proposal. 





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x