LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A N P   26 December 2020

Stampduty for gift deed of commercial property

My elder brother is gifting me his commercial Gala property in mumbai. In that case what is the % of stamp duty applicable? which is the best way to transfer this property on my name? stamp duty % will change after 31 december 2020?

Do let me know your feedback considering current scenario change in property Law of maharashtra state government law.

thanks

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 December 2020

Stamp duty varies from State to State and is generally based on the market or fair value of the property. However, many States levy only nominal stamp duty for gift among close relatives.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 December 2020

Stamp duty as well as registration charges are State subject which differ from one to another State on each and every document presented for registration.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Nikita Parekh   04 January 2021

Commercial properties are not allowed to be transferred through Gift Deed mode in city of Mumbai

You can email your query at nikita.parekh75@gmail.com for further assistance

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 January 2021

Originally posted by : Nikita Parekh
Commercial properties are not allowed to be transferred through Gift Deed mode in city of Mumbai You can email your query at nikita.parekh75@gmail.com for further assistance

Ms. Nikita:

Kindly provide us the Law which disallows transfer of commercial properties through Gift Deed. So also, which are the areas that City of Mumbai?

Nikita Parekh   05 January 2021

Mr P.Venu

What I mean is the benefit of stamp duty exemption for transfer of property within blood relatives, cannot be availed in case of transfer of Commercial property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register