LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Khanolkar   10 October 2021

Sra flat

Want to knoe that if a SRA flat ha mortgaged illegally to number of people by the relatives of the person whom the flat is alloted,,than can the the lenders capture the same ,as the property ( flat ) is still under SRA period ( 10 ) Months.

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 October 2021

What do you mean / communicate with the term "SRA" used by you.

Harish Khanolkar   11 October 2021

Want to knoe that if a SRA flat ha mortgaged illegally to number of people by the relatives of the person whom the flat is alloted,,than can the the lenders capture the same ,as the property ( flat ) is still under SRA period ( 10 ) years.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/sra-flat-220572.asp

M V Gupta (Advocate)     11 October 2021

Relatives of the allottee have no legal power to mortgage the SRA flat. if any such mortgage/s are created they are void and cannot be enforced in a court of law. Mortgaging of SRA flat requires prior permission of the Authority.

Harish Khanolkar   12 October 2021

Hi,Please give me guidline,   At Sion,Mumbai i have one property belongs to my relative,which is a lease property alloted by MCGM in the year 1950,There is Canara Bank at the ground floor which is sub leased since the same period,I have retrived the old documents from MCGM authority on which its clearly mentioned theat the whole documents are of pure lease of 999 years,

now the said buiding is quite old and we want to develope it,we have approached Canara Bank for the same,Now the bank is not ready to show the papers which according to them its sale documents,I have filed RTI to sub registrar,Canara Bank for the same,

my question is if the lease deed is for 999 years and Canara Bank is sub leased,then does the Canara bank hold any rights to interfere or object in the said developement.

pLease guide

Regards

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2021

Is this nots a repeated query?  It is less than convincing that a lease for 999 years was granted by the Municipal Corporation ii 1950.

Ayaan Khan   13 March 2022

Is this nots a repeated query?  It is less than convincing that a lease for 999 years was granted by the Municipal Corporation ii 1950.

Hamraaz Apk 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 March 2022

No lease can be granted for 999 years.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 March 2022

Long leases used to be granted in the past. But more than a lease in terms of the Transfer of Property Act, they were kowls, i.e. grants with conditions attached.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register