LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PARVEEN JAISWAR   11 March 2024

Spouse ground transfer

I am working in Delhi metro rail corporation as Supervisor store after promotion I am posting in Mumbai L3 O&M project without willingness. My wife is working in municipal corporation as primary school teacher and I am by birth from Delhi having on record dependent old age mother father have most of medical issues. In promotion paper we 7 candidates pass I have secure 4 rank out 7 and I m one of the person who have delhi home town. But no one heard me by management. Does iam eligible for spouse ground transfer 

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2024

Spouse ground transfers are considered mostly to the female employees and generally the applications or requests from male employees are not entertained.

Besides you have been promoted and transferred, if you do not want promotion then you can refuse the same and return to original place itself, provided there is a provision in law for that option also

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 March 2024

You have not been able to convey what your problem is.

Kartikey Tiwari   12 March 2024

It's understandable that you'd prefer a posting in Delhi due to your family situation. While I can't definitively say whether you're eligible for spouse ground transfer under DMRC's policies, here's some information and steps you can take:

DMRC Transfer Policy:

Limited Info Available Publicly: DMRC's transfer policy isn't readily available online. Your best course of action is to refer to the official DMRC HR policy documents or intranet (if applicable) for details on transfer procedures and grounds for consideration.

Possible Scenarios:

Spouse Ground Transfer Provision: DMRC's policy might have a provision for spouse ground transfer, especially for compelling situations like yours (dependent parents and spouse with a primary job).

Management Discretion: Even if there's no specific spouse transfer clause, transfer decisions often involve some level of management discretion. Highlighting your situation might influence their decision.

Recommended Steps:

Review DMRC HR Policy: Search for the official DMRC HR policy documents or intranet resources (if you have access) regarding employee transfers. Look for sections on transfer grounds, eligibility, and application procedures.

Contact HR Department: Reach out to the DMRC HR department directly. Explain your situation (dependent parents, spouse's job, Delhi hometown) and inquire about the possibility of a transfer on compassionate grounds.

Highlight Ranking: Mention your ranking (4th out of 7) in the promotion to emphasize your performance and potential value to DMRC.

Express Willingness: Reiterate your willingness to take up the L3 O&M project in Mumbai but emphasize the hardship a transfer would cause your family.

Additional Tips:

Document Your Situation: Gather documents that support your case, such as proof of your parents' medical conditions, your wife's employment details, and your Delhi residence.

The management will evaluate your case based on the rules and guidelines.

Union Representation (if applicable): If DMRC has an employee union, consider seeking their guidance and support in advocating for your transfer request.

Transparency and Patience: Be transparent and patient during the process. Explain your situation clearly and follow up with the HR department for updates.

By following these steps, you can increase your chances of getting a positive response from DMRC regarding your transfer request. Remember, while there's no guarantee, presenting a compelling case with supporting documents might influence their decision.

Aman Oberoi   12 March 2024

Yes we can file case at CAT, Delhi

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 March 2024

what exactrly is the grievance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register