IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja pandian (SAP consultant)     13 June 2021

Spell mistake in aadhar affects mutation of will


My name is Raja pandian, My father wrote a will in favour of me. In that will he wrote a house (his self earned property) belongs to his third son Raja pandian.

My college certificates, my voter id card, bank pass book is in this name (raja pandian).

But my aadhar card is in the name Raja pandi.

In my ration card also its as raja pandi.

Now i am going to mutate my will. Will it cause any problem sir.

Do i need to change the name in my aadhar & ration card as "raja pandian" before mutating sir.

Or is voter id card enough for mutation of my will or aadhar is mandatory to mutate my will sir.

Need ur suggestion.


 9 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Better to correct the aadhaar name by your certificate first .then  mutate the will . 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 June 2021

Your father made a will in  your favor for being his son, and for that you need to get legal heir  certificate and whatever name in that will be endorsed..

Raja pandian (SAP consultant)     13 June 2021

So can i get my legal heir certificate with voter id card. Does voter id card enough to mutate the will sir or aadhar is mandatory for mutating my fathers will sir. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Better and easy to correct the aadhaar card with the support of your educational certificate . . You obtained legalheir certificate. What name is reflected in your place ?

Raja pandian (SAP consultant)     13 June 2021

Rajapandian is the name in my place sir..


My doubt is, 

Is aadhar mandatory for mutating a will or voter id card is enough sir

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Now not compulsory . But in future I will be the I'd be authentic. Why you feel to change it ? 

Raja pandian (SAP consultant)     13 June 2021

Fear of covid, also It took 45 days to get aadhar name change sir... I have to leave madurai within 10 days to hyderabad.  

Else again have to come to madurai, which is a difficult journey during this covid pandemics

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Then you can use the voter id as your proof and get it done 

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     19 June 2021


The mutation is the transfer of ownership of property from the old owner to the new owner when the property is transferred by way of gift deed, Will, inheritance, partition, or when it is sold. After mutation, the new owner can record property in his name in the land revenue department for proper paying of taxes. The documents required for mutation may vary from state to state but the following are some of the standard required documents in case of mutation of will:  

  • Death certificate of the person who made the will  

  • Affidavit on stamp paper  

  • Title or succession deed  

  • Mutation application  

  • Registration deed  

  • Aadhar Card  

  • Ration Card  

Since the Aadhar card and ration card are important documents for the process of mutation, it is advised spelling of the name in both the documents is rectified before applying.  


Vasundhara Singh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query