Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhaschandra (Retired Treasury officer)     01 November 2014

Speed post lost by postal authorities

sir

During my travel I did posted one speed post article from bangalore post office addressed to Income tax Dept Electronic city Po bangalore and having not received confirmation of its delivery RTI application was filed to ascertain status of Same.

CPIO of Chief Post master General Karnataka circle replied that its where about is not forth coming as such It is treated as Lost

Please enlighten me as to what  legal remedies available to me to seek compensation for loss of valuable legal documents

It may Please be noted that I am not resident Of Bangalore but resides in Gulbarga dist of karnataka

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     02 November 2014

Section 11(2) of the Consumer Protection Act deals with Territorial jurisdiction of the District Consumer Forum.  It says that The petition should be filed (1) at the place of Opposite party (2) at each of the party where there are more than one party (3) Any branch when the Opposite party has branches (4) where the cause of action wholly or partly arises. 

Hence in your case you have to file the at Bangalore only, though you reside at Gulbarga.  You can claim damages for the inconvenience caused to you. 

subhaschandra (Retired Treasury officer)     02 November 2014

Thank u sir

Valuable suggestion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2014

agreed with above.

In addition you may put RTI on the name and designation and timing of all the persons who handled the article from place of booking.

You can also request the CVO of Deptt of Posts to fix responsibility and initiate disciplinary action and criminal action as per Post Office Act.

subhaschandra (Retired Treasury officer)     03 November 2014

sir, As per your guidance another  RTi has been filed (copy enclosed)

Complaint to CVO will be filed after receipt of information from  CPMO Bangaluru

Any way thanks a lot

Attached File : 962690022 2nd rti lost post.docx downloaded: 70 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

Your query has been properly addressed, I concur with the views of learned experts, and thanks for your appreciation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register