LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakmitanan (HR executive)     10 November 2011

Special power of attorney

Dear All

Eight surviving legal heirs ( located at different places in India and one in USA), of an ancestoral property located in Haryana, want to give special power of attorney to one of the legal heir ( brother) to handle the property/ get it vacated from tenants/ sell the same on their behalf.

Please advise following-

a. Is Special power of attorney required to be registered at district where property is located or it can be a place different from that where all legal heirs can reach easily?

b. Is it essential for legal heir located in USA to come to india for this purpose or is there any other procedure by which he can give power of attorney to one of his brother in India?

c. Is there a sample format for same which can be modified for use?


 4 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     10 November 2011

You register the SPA in Indian Embassy in USA and want to adjudicate in SRO where the property situate. If persons are in India GPA can registered at India. Better to consult a Advocate in preparing draft GPA, otherwise self draft may some times legaly harm you.

K.P.Satish Kumar M.L.


1 Like

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator Mediation Counsel)     10 November 2011

Dear Friend

Similar query has already been dealt. Please go through. You need to get the document Notarized or legalized in USA as rightly said by Mr.K.P.Satish Kumar.


1 Like

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     12 November 2011

 prepare POA Thru Advocate   recommended. 

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     15 November 2011

engange advocate for it, it will do needful for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query