LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (consultant)     22 July 2012

Society rule - bachelor tenet not allowed

Our society has come up with a rule that no owner can rent his/her flat to bachelors,strictly for family only.

I had already rented my flat to MBBS student and now society committe members are forcing me to remove that student.

i have also done local police verification and leave and liasense agreement on 500 rs stamp paper of my bachleor tenet.

The society has not provided any such written document/directive on society letter head regarding the same.

My question is, can I let my property to a bachelor tenant inspite of this rule formed by the society?

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 July 2012

check out the following link. for reply to your query :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Society-law-Bachelor-tenants-prohibited-14430.asp

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     22 July 2012

Yes, you can rent your legally acquired flat to anybody following rules without any discrimination whetsoever. In fact discrminatiing anybody in  enjoying his legal rights of tenency  is illegal. If your Society has framed such bye law, collect a copy thereof and challenge in the Court of Law. The the Society to give their law in writing then file a suit for declaration that you have the right to rent out your flat to a bachelor. 

Sagar (consultant)     23 July 2012

Thanks you so much for sharing helpful information and guiding me.

I had word with my society chairman but they are not ready agree on it since they said we have already amended the same in BY-LAWs and now it is mandatory for all flat owner of society to follow these rules.

Please share your thoughts or guide me how do i move ahead

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register