LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     22 April 2024

Society formation

We have 2.5 acre land divided in 31 plots ,this is agriculture land in pune,maharshtra India, all plot holders have built houses which are unauthorised, some plots are gunthavari,but after gunthavari redeveloped plot unauthorisedly, this plots are 40 years old ,we have now decided to form society so it can be easy to operate ,so want suggestions how to proceed to form society.


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 April 2024

Seek professional services of a local chartered accountant / lawyer to form a Resident's Welfare Association under the provisions of Societies Registration Act, 1860

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2024

Firstly this was an agricultural landed property which was converted into plots without obtaining permission for conversion, without obtaining lay approval. 

The buyers who bought the plots have not obtained construction approval  from the authorities concerned.

You have stated that it is an unauthorised development 

Hence you may get the plots regularised under the Genthewar Act.

The Maharashtra Gunthewari Developments (Regularisation, Upgradation and Control) Act, 2001 (Act) was enacted by the State Legislature for the regularisation and upgradation of certain Gunthewari developments i.e., plots formed by unauthorisedly sub-dividing privately owned land with the buildings on the plots.

once the plots are regularised then you can form a society and obtain registration from the registrar of cooperative societies for a legal recognition. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 April 2024

Yes.  After obtaining the necessary recognition from the concerned authority, then you can form the society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register