LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

SMS charges during festivals

My client takes bonus card every month from Vodafone which entitles him 750 messages daily absolutely free for a month. But suddenly the Vodafone announces that SMSes sent on Special occasions are charged at 50 ps, (local) Re.1 (National) and Rs.1.50 ps. (International) per SMS. Whether it is an unfair trade practice under Consumer laws?

Learning

5 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 January 2010

This cannot be called unfair tradepractice.  In telecom business parlances it is quite common that rates are hiked during festive seasons.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     15 January 2010

Yes it is unfair, if their is any such policy, they should put such conditions , before providing any service to customer.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     15 January 2010

This practice is certainly an unfair trade practice. please lodge a complaint with TRAI and also with the competition commission of india, through its website.

Lilly rose (n/a)     16 January 2010

I agree wth arvind and vasudevan.

guddubhundu2028 (n/a)     16 January 2010

Respected Sir,

According to directions issued by TRAI  dated 1st September 2008, TRAI has clearly mentioned that if there is any BLACKOUT DAY the customer must be informed , furthermore the SMS BLACKOUT DAY are limited to only 5 day in a calender year. you can write a letter regarding the same to nodal officer of the serivce provider

I have done so and got back my money ...

thank you..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register