LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shouvik Chakraborty (Scholar)     02 November 2014

Simultaneous degrees in india

UGC has approved simultaneous degree from two different university depending upon the recommendation made by expert committe(https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/0367166_morethanonedegree.pdf).The final approval came in the 494th meeting(minutes to meeting, clause 2.03 in https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/0355877_UGC_Minutes_494th-Meeting_310713_final_1-ugc-website.pdf) held in 31st July 2013 but the organisation has not yet published any circular or regulations till date.I am a PhD scholar enrolled in PhD(Regular) on March 2013. After the final  approval of UGC came in,I joined a M.Tech Course(3 year Part Time Evening Course) in August 2013  in a different University, as that will help me in my PhD and also in professional career. According to the then university norms I had to submit my migration certificate for university registration. I have my PhD registration scheduled in January 2015 and I need a migration certificate for that and the university has not yet received any circular regarding simultaneous degree from UGC.

Q1. Does UGC's approval gives me legal right to pursue simultaneous degrees, one in regular and another in part time mode?

Q2. What can be done under such circumstances?

Q3. Can I seek permission from the magistrate for issue of duplicate migration certificate on that ground.

Q4. Whom can I approach for a solution regarding this issue?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2014

Immediately file Application seeking information under RTI Act,  before CPIO, UGC, New Delhi by Briefly quoting what ever you have stated here and seek information you require avoiding question form (Interrogatory) and seek query with "Please provide me information as to......

What ever information you receive is the authenticated version.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

as advised you first ascertain the authenticity of the new proposal that whether it has taken birth as a rule or yet to be through RTI act.  This reply wll answer your further queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register