LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saipothula   06 July 2023

Signed in register doc, but the land doesn't belong to me

Hi, I've 1 acre and my brother have 9 acres land in same survey number.

My brother sold 1 acre in the front side, and asked me to sign in the registration doc as a witness signature. 

But he mentioned me as one of the seller, I didn't notice that and signed that document.

Now, he claims that I've sold half acre in that transaction.

My land doesn't come under the boundaries mentioned in that sale deed, will I still loose my land since I signed as a seller?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 July 2023

Consult a local lawyer with relevant records for proper opinion and advise.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 July 2023

sale deed is not sample as you said. 

A sale deed includes the following details:

• Name and address of the buyer and seller.
  • Detailed descripttion of the property.
  • Total payment to be made, mode of payment, date when the payment is to be made.
  • Date of handing over of property documents.
  • Other terms and conditions of the sale.
1 Like

Niharika Lohan   08 July 2023

Hi, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

Presumption of law is that when a person is competent to contract and if he signs a document or transaction then he is supposed to know that where he is signing unless he/she is illiterate or she is a pardanasheen lady.

In your case you are telling that you have signed the papers as a witness. But the seller signature are to be signed separately (other column provided for that.)

Why did you sign as seller in that case?

But in my opinion your land doesn't come under the boundaries mentioned in that sale deed so obviously you won’t loose you land if you are absolute owner of the land.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any further query, you can contact me via email at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

saipothula   08 July 2023

Thanks Niharika. I'm been misguided by my brother that I've to sign in the document since we both own the land in that particular survey number. I agreed since the boundaries he mentioned in the document belongs to his land.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2023

The deed having been executed and registered, cancellation is possible only on the strength of the decree from the competent Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register