Share More

SIGN THIS PETTION AGAINST Sec.498A of IPC

Page no : 2

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     16 June 2008

First let the Goverment  pass a
bill inserting 498B to support the husbands, that will make the gorunds
lever for each of the spouse and litigation will ever prevail. In olden
days marriage used to thought as an institution now a days it stooped
to a stage of business. God save these people.

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     17 June 2008

Obvious that men demand things amount to dowry harrasment.If, women demand things,movable/immovables & other like that demand, will it also amount to dowery & book under which section.
The steps taken are are more signifcant in these day of miscarriage of justice wherein Inocent were punished.The women movements should thing of it.

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     17 June 2008

Just after marriage ceremony, and before even reaching my home, my ex-wife demanded from me " the opening of a new bank account in her name and a deposit of at least Rs. 50000. "   But nobody believes it.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     18 June 2008

If the wife demanded this money in consideration for marriage, it is demand of dowry. If she threatened any legal or illegal action against you if you dodnt give money, it is extortion or attempt to extortion.

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     18 June 2008

But this has happened with me and despite being a practicing criminal lawyer, I found myself helpless and supportless. People commented why a newly wed girl would ruin her life.

I have posted my story at this page on 5/4/2008. 

Guest (n/a)     18 June 2008

In your instant case,the un lawful demand from your ex-wife doesnt come under the scope of 498(a) but the same may taken agaisnt Mental torture, agony & harrasement if it proves that U have made law full settlements with her.
My contention is, wife demand & made mental harrasement,physical assults to husband to bring Money from his parent side either in the form of things/ division in the parental property,on such account she should be charge under which sections?Will it amount to dowry?

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     18 June 2008

Any demand of property or valuable security, in consideration of marriage is "dowry", within the meaning of Dowry Prohibition Act.

Thus demand of wife of any property, or division of property as a condition of marriage or subsistence of marriage or continuation of conjugal relationship is a demand of Dowry, the the wife must be prosecuted under the relevant sections of Dowry Prohibition Act.

Guest (n/a)     18 June 2008

In the instant case, if wife make un law full demand to husband to bring money,materials, things,share in the Ancestral property having no source to bring thereby physical assaults him the help of her parents, goon,rowdy elements thereby withdrew conjugal rights on that even,the husband has to proceeds with the crimnal case,..Shall Sec 498(A) will atracts? pls help in this matter, I am getting so many complaints from clients so they may not express in publice due to mockery..

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     19 June 2008

My view on this point is nowadays there is degradation of moral values from all sides, whether it is men or women.

As of women they have started adopting western culture and men have gone to that extent that they accept her sociality behaviour and her moving with other male colleagues.

This means they also will have so many friends and people to advise her of what she could do if her husband turns against her.   The first advise that comes to her his file a dowry case.

On the other side there are women too who are still having and following moral values.

The men who have no respect for moral values may not give that importance to these cultured women, on the worst side they may not like in her wife being  old cultured.    It is possible that there are greedy persons and they opt for money from his in-laws.   Most often these women never go to complain against their husband's dowry demands and they just go on with their life suffering.  And even if they complain the husband would have already had adjusted the police and her complain is not accepted by police.  The police will advise the women and will send her back.   Having not got justice these women tend to commit suicide.

So it goes that whatever we do,  it will either  support the women more or the men more. 

The only solution for this is  to  give importance to moral values and love one and all to escape from trouble.   Love your family.    There is no fire without cause.   Cause and effect exists, hence for all of our karmas we have to suffer.  Not all women are Sita's and not all men are Rama's. 

It is true that  mostly innocent  fall victims to this  Dowry harrasment at the same time the number where it is not reported and if reported action not taken could be 10 times more. 

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     19 June 2008

Very well said- if it is followed by everyone in the society, we will not need any law. If fact, we will not need a government or any thing else.

Unfortunately, reality is something different. People are not so moral. Not so honest. Therefore we need the laws, and justice.

As the laws is enforced with the might of the society, the first requirement of any law is to ensure that no unscrupulous person can misuse the laws. Misuse of laws brings infamy to the very existence of Rule of Law in question. A person becomes angry with society at large, if laws are misused against him. These things are extremele bad for the society.

That is why, opposition to these laws. As they are prone to misuse. As they are drafted in such a manner to fecilitate misuse.

Suvra.Chatterjee (jobless)     20 June 2008

Dear Sir,

I was married on 28th Feb2002 to the daughter of a then Deputy Commisioner of Kolkata Police  Mr.Harsendu Bhattacharjee who also won two President Awards for his job in the police.

The matter is that the marriage was an arranged one & at the time of the negotiations they completly concealed the fact that my wife was divorce.We came to know of the fact after 2 years of ours marriage &that to after her father retierment & his shifting to a flat arranged by my father verynear to ours residence. After this exposure of the facts this man 1st complained to the local police of harassment of his daughter in our house for which the police visited our house at the dark of the night  & informed of the conspiracy bring hatched by  in-laws & on the next day the then officer took the matter personally  & made them &us sign a compromise G.D. to nullify their written complain.

After this they again registered a F.I.R against us after the then officer being transferred at the behest of Mr Harsendu's complain in the upper circle of the police,but again the local police didn't act according to him & helped us get bail in the case as they knew we r quite respected locally & it will b absurd to get a wittness in the case.After this my dad went to the Hounarable High Court & filed a writ petition under article 226 for which they were directed by the court to reply within four weeks,which still date they have failed to do,but keeping quite for a year they again filed a 498A case through the C.J.M u/s 156/3.In the mean time my wife 1st started staying with her parents the1st F.I.R & latter moved away from there with my daughter. On asking about her &my daughter her parents just refused to divulge any details of them.they even put my of daughters schooling which was arranged by me. afterwards I came to know that she is living with a guy named Uday Bhattacharya who is a sleaze racket operator & also trafficks young girls to different parts of the country wooing them in the name of getting them jobs as models in adagencies.

I also came to know that my wife's parents & some of their relatives are active patners of this business & Mr Harsendu give this gang the needed police protection with is ex-senior-officer tag.

So I want to know from you learned people is it possible for me to lodge an  F.I.R  against these people u/s of human trafficking & immoral traffiking act & other sections of Cr.p.c bcause I want my child to get a proper & normal life which is not possible now. 

I also want to inform you that as proof I know one address that they were staying & also the phone number of the guy through which he runs his business.Can a case of contempt of court be brought against them.

Dear Sir I will b very obliged to you all if you can show me a way out of this mess & specially help me to bring my just 5years old daughter out of this mess

THANKING YOU

YOUR'S FAITHFULLY

SUVRA CHATTERJEE

Suvra.Chatterjee (jobless)     20 June 2008

Dear Sir,

I was married on 28th Feb2002 to the daughter of a then Deputy Commisioner of Kolkata Police  Mr.Harsendu Bhattacharjee who also won two President Awards for his job in the police.

The matter is that the marriage was an arranged one & at the time of the negotiations they completly concealed the fact that my wife was divorce.We came to know of the fact after 2 years of ours marriage &that to after her father retierment & his shifting to a flat arranged by my father verynear to ours residence. After this exposure of the facts this man 1st complained to the local police of harassment of his daughter in our house for which the police visited our house at the dark of the night  & informed of the conspiracy bring hatched by  in-laws & on the next day the then officer took the matter personally  & made them &us sign a compromise G.D. to nullify their written complain.

After this they again registered a F.I.R against us after the then officer being transferred at the behest of Mr Harsendu's complain in the upper circle of the police,but again the local police didn't act according to him & helped us get bail in the case as they knew we r quite respected locally & it will b absurd to get a wittness in the case.After this my dad went to the Hounarable High Court & filed a writ petition under article 226 for which they were directed by the court to reply within four weeks,which still date they have failed to do,but keeping quite for a year they again filed a 498A case through the C.J.M u/s 156/3.In the mean time my wife 1st started staying with her parents the1st F.I.R & latter moved away from there with my daughter. On asking about her &my daughter her parents just refused to divulge any details of them.they even put my of daughters schooling which was arranged by me. afterwards I came to know that she is living with a guy named Uday Bhattacharya who is a sleaze racket operator & also trafficks young girls to different parts of the country wooing them in the name of getting them jobs as models in adagencies.

I also came to know that my wife's parents & some of their relatives are active patners of this business & Mr Harsendu give this gang the needed police protection with is ex-senior-officer tag.

So I want to know from you learned people is it possible for me to lodge an  F.I.R  against these people u/s of human trafficking & immoral traffiking act & other sections of Cr.p.c bcause I want my child to get a proper & normal life which is not possible now. 

I also want to inform you that as proof I know one address that they were staying & also the phone number of the guy through which he runs his business.Can a case of contempt of court be brought against them.

Dear Sir I will b very obliged to you all if you can show me a way out of this mess & specially help me to bring my just 5years old daughter out of this mess

THANKING YOU

YOUR'S FAITHFULLY

SUVRA CHATTERJEE

(Guest)

I accept the proposal.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     21 June 2008

I feel sorry for what has happend in
your life. You can set out the facts and file a GOP in the court to get
the permanent custody of your child. But remember you have to proove
your accusations to get a favourable order.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     21 June 2008

Dear Shreeram, Is your datas based on any study or survey. Can we take % in the matter. may be there are  instances of  legal terrorism. The law is is with some foundaton fault mainly. Can any body say anybodies reasons or feelings at bthe moment when he/she took a decision to commit suicide. Can we say why a wife selects death. Perhaps a lovers disturbance clandestently. This is just an example. But there several reasons and feeling that leads to a suicide. Can any body take the words of a wife true with out any self interst. She will strongly protect her interest. The facts circumstances and evidences should be analysed on the basis of the mental elemets or say psycho fluctuations. That is applicable to the Judge also. He assess a family sitting on his own family. If that is a disturbed one he took every thing in that line. That much fluctuation is given in the law. It is correct to say that the case need to be compounded  and bailable to stop the unnecessary harrasement of the investigating agency.  Adv.K.C. Suresh, B.A., LL.M., PGDHR Legal Adviser (Rtd) Vigilance & ACB, Kerala

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register