Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narendra (Engineer)     21 October 2014

Show cause notice from passport office..

Sir,

I have recieved a letter from passport office, heading clearification reqd regarding issuance of passport.

I had applied for fresh passport in year of AUGUST- 2012 under the tatkal application..and within few days i recived passport.. i think after one or two months i got call from police station to show the original documnts for varification at police station.. but due to some reasons i could not visited the police station ( actually i dnt remember the exact month whn i got call from police station.. and after a year i got job in abroad till now i am there. But on 29/9/2014 i recved letter from passport offc for clearification as stated on top of this post.

they hv mentioned section 10 b and 12 b and asked me to why not they should impound my passport under this sections!! Sir Please help me to give proper statement.. also they hv mentioned to visit office and submit fresh application with correct information. I am so worried about this letter.. as my Visa is on my current passport number, wheather they r asking me to apply for fresh passport????????

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

You have give a reply to the show cause notice served by the passport authorities explaining the circumstances and the facts that led you to not to comply with the necessary formalities properly and you would apologise for the same, this can be in an affidavit format too, which if the authorities are satisfied, may consider to relax the rules and permit you to continue with the same passport by ordering minor fine amount.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2014

reply the SCN based on available material

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register