Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan K   06 December 2020

Short period Marriage

Dear leagal experts,

Kindly give your advice, I am writing here behalf of my friend, He is 33 year old woking as lecture in college. Recently married a girl of 30 year (working in IT company) as per Hindu rituals. The girl is working since 8 years. from the first day of marriage, there is no marital relation with couple. Both lived together only seven days. She always talking or messaging to someone even in midnight. My friend come to know she has an affair with his male collegue. He saw all the messages between her wife and the guy. When asked about this, she said she is in love with the guy, and she replied that she cannot live with my friend anymore, she left the my friend's house. This is unconsumated marriage, Please advise us how to come out from this marriage. What should be done immediately.

Thanks and regards
K.Saravanan

Learning

5 Replies

Prutha Parikh   06 December 2020

Voidable Marriages
Section 12 of Hindu Marriage act, provides for a decree of nullity of marriage.
your friend contact to local lawyer.
1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 December 2020

Yes. agreed with the advice of Prutha Parikh ji.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 December 2020

If both of them did not take it serous and forget, leave the matter.Since living together withot marriage is allowed.

not acrime.

Shashi Dhara   07 December 2020

If the marriage is not registered let they come to compromise friendly and send ,send off without going to court 

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2020

Yes, the marriage is voidable. Another option is to seek divorce by mutual consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register