LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   05 February 2024

shifting charges to tenants in coperative housing society

dear highly learned lawyers

our society is charging extra amount of Rs 3000 non refundable to the tenants as shifting charges at the time of entry with house hold material although I being the owner of the flat paying 10% as NOC to the society as I rented out my flat.

would you please advise us under which bye law, rule or section of the Maharashtra Cooperative Housing Society Act 1960 the society can levy above charges to my tenant.

thank you in advance for your quick legal opinion.

Best regards


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2024

There's no such bylaws in the MCS act to legally demand shifting charges by society from the tenant when the charges for NOC has already been levied.

You can ask the society to give the demand  in writing by quoting the relevant clause of the bylaws.

If they fail to provide the details, you may refuse to pay or approach consumer forum for relief against the unfair trade practice.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   07 February 2024

Many thanks sir for your valuable legal views 

Best regards 


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register