Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesh (Engineer)     23 July 2010

share on common property

Hi Sir,

My Mother-in-law registered the house to her daughters (total 5 daughters, but registerd to only 4 daughters) excluding my wife. now all are willing to give the share to my wife.

so what is the procedure to add my wife name without revoke the prior executed document.

Thank you.

Learning

7 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     23 July 2010

u may make an application to the revenue authority or the concerned authority of Corporation if the land on which property is stuated has been included in town planning scheme to get name of ur wife added in the village form no. 7/12 or property card. Application is to be made in the name of ur mother in law. However, it is always "manageble" as persons belonging to this department hv itching palms.

varun aggarwal (Advocate)     23 July 2010

You have not disclosed whether your mother in law is alive or not? If yes then get the correction of the original regested doccument from her and get include your wife's name in it. It is called 'Tatim' in Urdu language i,e to correct the docc.
         If your mother in law has expired then the best course open for your wife is get the sale deed effected in her favour from the other four sister to the extent of 1/5 share i.e they must contribute 1/25th share each for the sale deed in the favour of their sister. With this the originallity of the instrument will be intact and your wife would get her due share .

Venkatesh (Engineer)     23 July 2010

My mother-in-law alive, she registered house as gift deed to her daughters excluding my wife. now she and 4 daughters realized to give share to my wife.

so how should include my wife as share member, without revoke prior executed documents. please let me know the legal process.

Thanks,

Sur39 (Financial Controller (last designation))     19 January 2011

In my opinion, if your mother-in-law has gifted the house( i.e. 100 % of interest in the house) to her 4 daughters by a Deed of Gift,  she has no role in this matter. The only way of adding your wife's interest is by some legal document to be executed by the 4 sitsers which should be registered with the Registrar.

satyajit (Law Officer)     29 January 2011

As soon as execution of the gift deed 4 daughters are became absolute owner of the property. the best way to get a sale deed of 1/5 share from your 4 sister-in-law. 

Subrahmanyam (Scientific Officer (Retd))     03 February 2011

Being an advocate,  Shri Panchal should not  get the job done by  greasing itchy palms. Please

suggest only legal solutions.

1 Like

Subrahmanyam (Scientific Officer (Retd))     10 April 2011

I agree with the opinion of sur 39

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register