LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil.... (Manager)     12 March 2012

Share in property after 20 years


Facts are as follows.

Father has 2 sons and a daughter.

Daughter married around 45 years ago.

Elder son after his marriage seperated himself from the family and went to another city. Father had bought him a place there. Aprox 40 years ago and the place was in the name of elder son.

Parents were staying with the younger son and verbally informed him that the place they are staying will be his.(i.e. young son)

Father died 20 years ago, mother died 10 years ago.

Now the elder son is asking for a share in the property where young son is staying with his family.

Kindly comment.


 2 Replies

amarjeet kumar (legal)     12 March 2012


surjit singh (Assistant)     21 March 2012

For partition there is no time limit, but here the question is whether the father pronounced any weitten will, if not  the elder brother also has got a say in the property so is the daughter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register