LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mona (client servicing)     03 November 2018

Share in property

We belong to Dawoodi bohra community. With regards to my husband i wanted to check if we can ask for a share in his father's property. My husband's mother got separated from her husband when child was small by an official community divorce. After that she got remarried and the child (my husband) was raised by his maternal uncle. Though the father's name (surname) has always been retained and there was no adoption done by the uncle. After the child (my husband) turned adult he started keeping in contact with his father's family (though by then father had already died) Now the father's family only consists of a grandmother (dadi) and an uncle (kaka) Can we ask for our share in the house where the dadi stays - once she plans to sell it or before.

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     03 November 2018

File partition suit in court. Consult with local advocate.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     06 November 2018

Mona

If the house where your husband's mom i.e. dadi is staying belongs to your father in law asswlf acquired property then he hasa out and out right to claim.

Secondly if it is a inherited property your husband will be very much entitled to 1/4thofthe share what so ever.
In short yes he has a right as a Legal Heir.

Adv. Dr. Solomon Raj
Advocate High Courts of AP &TS
Bharat Gaurav Samman Awardee.
Email.rajcarey@yahoo.com.
Ph.9866545086

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register