Upgrad LLM

share in grandmother's property

gud evening..sir..

my maternal grandmother has only daughter i.e my mother. i was brought up by my maternal grandmother since i was one and half years old.. now both my maternal grand ma and mother have passed away...and my brother is not giving any share to me in my grandmother's property..am i not entitled to have share in my grandma property..

i was brought up even educated by my grandmother...now my brother has sold their property with out taking me into consideration please help me out regarding this issue.......



Firstly i presume you are hindu hence Hindu Succession Act will apply. Secondly you have not mentioned whether your maternal grandmother has any other child apart from your mother. In that case property would had been divided equally and you and your brother jointly would had got one share of your mother In case otherwise i.e. your mother being only child of your grandmother, your mother gets entire property on death of your grandmother n on death of your mother, her husband and children get equal share on her property. Therefore, your dad, you and your brother being in single class will get equal shares of property and selling of property without your consideration is illegal and you can initiate appropriate civil and criminal proceedings.

my maternal grandfather purchased a plot and he has transferred the plot on my brothers name ...am i not enttiled to have any share in that plot.....





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x