Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shall i take action against my lawyer

Page no : 2

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 August 2014

Let me correct a bit on what Rocky said. FIR in cognizable crimes can be lodged in any Police Station. If the offence is not done in the area of jurisdiction, ZERO FIR is lodged and the same is sent to the Police Station of competent jurisdiction.

However, you have to show appropriate reason to lodge an FIR in any other Police Station.

And there is a certain time lapse between the transfer of case, which can extend to years. In one particular case, I know of. It has not reached the other PS in last 6 years.

It is better to lodge the complaint in PS where the crime was committed, that is place Y in your case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     07 August 2014

I agree with Mr. Kapoor. Thank you.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     09 August 2014

what is private complaint ? Please clarify.

If you try to lodge a FIR and for some reason the concern police officer does not register it then you can go to the court and file private complain U/S 420 IPC, Forgery and Extortion (383 IPC).

FIR - State is giving case against the offender on behalf of you. (First choice).

Private Complain - You are directly filing complain against them. (Second choice).

Srinivas (.)     09 August 2014

Hi Rocky (GOD), Thanks for ur clarification and time.. 

Srinivas (.)     09 August 2014

Hi Rocky (GOD), Thanks for ur clarification and time.. 

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 August 2014

Now that GOD has agreed with a mere mortal like me, the question can be rested.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     11 August 2014

Mr. Kapoor,

I have no ego with you.

If your posts are appreciable then I always appreciate ( and vice-versa is also true).

Thank you for your contribution in this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register