LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mandar (Service)     06 July 2023

Sexual harrasment

I am a female executive employee in PSU and had complained for s*xual harrasment against senior.A committee was formed,even prior to it the proceedings,person was sent to some other department in the same plant.I was asked to provide evidence or witness.I had concrete audio evidence  and the case got proved.Now as penalty they have given him  increment loss which I felt is not the punishment for outraging the modesty of a woman.It is not worth the harassment and Percentage of women in my workplace is not even 1%.He along with other colleagues are now mud slinging at me in different places.Moreover the person is revengeful,he can take extreme step if required once the situation gets normalised.He is a repeated offender.He had told disgraceful things about me in past which was solved in department previously by apology.But this time he started making physical advance and I had officially filed a complaint. Please help.


 7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 July 2023

Just write a detailed complaint and mention that you are being repeatedly  harassed at work place and in the previous conviction of the accused the punishment was not to your satisfaction. In the last of complaint  you should notify  that if the problem is not solved you would be compelled to file complaint with judicial magistrate as insulting or stalking  or outraging  modesty of a lady is criminal offence beside you can file complaint with labor commissioner for you have serious threat to your life and modesty. You should mention that you are depressed being harassed physically and mentally  .

You should mention the abuses or bullying in the same words as has been hurled on in a sequence.

If you really feel threatened to be assaulted by the person just file instantly an FIR but intimate your employer first.

You need to keep recording the incidents even make videos or audio recordings.

Mandar (Service)     06 July 2023

I had made a verbal complaint for the first time.Next time (after 4 years )when he started making physical advance and used unparliamentary words ,I kept an audio record and submitted a written complaint.The case was taken by ICC,they gave a final report where they stated that this case relates to s*xual harrasment and he is found guilty of creating a hostile offensive and intimidating environment for a lady.But due to pressure from different sources they just gave increment loss as penalty.Now he is again spreading rumours and bad mouthing.He is revengeful by nature.I had approached the officers union but they were instead helping the wrong doer to reduce his penalty.What do I do?my social life is too messed up because he is common in all platforms wherever I visit .He along with his wife and acquaintances are belittling me.

Sudhir Kumar   02 August 2023

You are still entitled to file a criminal case in addition to the Department case which has been decided against the accused.

Nothing Stops you to make a fresh complaint on the basis of harassment of the complainant after penalization of that offender

Mandar (Service)     03 August 2023

I had tried to contact personal department in this regard as I do not have any knowhow about the action taken up by my organisation.I just heard about the "increment"punishment from some random people.When I approached the personal department they wrote in mail"actions taken no further comments". please help me.Meanwhile the offender has spread rumours everywhere in organisation about me.Being a lady and in a male dominated organisation I have nothing much to say.He is in different department now but in touch with my departmental colleagues so you can imagine my situation.please help.

Sudhir Kumar   06 August 2023

I repeat. Nothing Stops you from making fresh complaint or for filing a criminal case.

SAM (LEGAL)     04 October 2023

please file your complaint online in below mentioned website


as soon as you file your complaint online action will be taken by concerned authorities

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 October 2023

pleasegive fresh complaint of fresh harassement (each time)


Also give police complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register