LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Bhattacharya   04 August 2022

Service no-objection

I applied to a central govt institute for Assistant Professor job (no experience was required) and got selected for interview. I am presently employed at a State Govt. University as Assistant Professor. The University did not provide me no-objection (NOC) for the job. The Central Govt institute called me by phone one day before the interview and told me that if I do not provide NOC from my past employer, I would be able to sit for the interview but the interview will only be a provisional one and they emailed me the same thing. But on the day of interview, after waiting for four hours, they did not allow me to appear the interview. It was real humiliation I got. My question is, for a govt instt, if I dont provide my NOC, whether I am eligible to sit for interview or not? Please let me know your valuable comments and any case order, if exists. Thanks in advance. 

Learning

2 Replies

Anusha Sharma   10 August 2022

Dear Sir

Yes you will need the NoC. at the time of giving the interview. If you would like to join this job now and later on switch over to the other, then you may formally resign the present job and join the other.

In case your NOC is blocked, you have to convince the interview board that you are not being given NOC and you're persuing it

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2022

NOC is purely a matter of discretion. You can meet higher authrities.  No lelgal remedy appearing as poer given facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register