Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aakash (aakash4518@gmail.com)     08 February 2011

Service bond

Sir,

I joined Bank of Baroda as a Probationary officer in Nagpur in August 2010. i had to execute a service bond of Rs.1 lac if I leave the job in 1 year and Rs.50000 if I leave in between 1 and 2 year.

In Nov 2010, while i was reporting to my duties I met with an accident on the highway. I got a head injury with damage to my brain and gap in my cervical spine. Now I am suffering from Epilepsy (Fit), brain seizures and physical and mental instability.

I am from Pune, so now I am with my parents so I can receive medical treatment. The neurosurgeon who is treating me gave me a medical certificate that I cannot work in Nagpur as there is should be my parents to look after me. I get fits occasionally and fall unconscious.

My HR manager is forcing me to report back to nagpur or else pay Rs.1 Lac. They summoned me for check up with their bank doctor, and he reported me fit for service. But sir, that doctor is a general physician and has no experience in dealing with head injury cases. But the bank is not considering the certificate given by the neurosurgeon, who is the most reputed doctor in Pune.

Based upon his report the bank is pressurizing me to join back or pay Rs.1 Lac. or else they will sue me in court and I will have to bear all expenses.

Can i break the bond based on medical grounds?

Kindly advice.

Learning

6 Replies

Ashwini Sharma (Mr.)     09 February 2011

I hope this shall help you sufficiently

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/breaking-of-service-bond-14226.asp

read  suraj1110abc's REPLY in there.

(Guest)

YOU MAY KINDLY NOTE THAT AS BOND IS THERE BANK WILL TRY TO RECOVER THE SAME.BUT AS YOU HAVE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ,THE SAME THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING AND REFERED TO GEN.DOCTOR.IT IS ADVISIBLE TO FILE A WRIT PETITION TO THE HIGH COURT MENTIONING ALL FACTS AND HIGH COURT WILL PASS JUST AND PROPER ORDER.YOU WILL SUCCEED.YOU MAY WRITE AND SEND FURTHER DETAILS FOR HELP.GOOD LUCK.

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.ADVOCATE

Y V Madhava Reddy (Manager)     19 March 2011

As you have met an accident and you are unable to perform the duties, your HR Manager or the Bank cannot recover the bond damages. Nothing to worry, but keep the medical certificates with you. I will help you to produce in the court when required

Y.V.Madhava Reddy

Aakash (aakash4518@gmail.com)     20 March 2011

Thanx a lot everyone. This is really helpful

diksha   17 May 2016

Mr Akash I am also in same kind of situation please suggest me what you have done at that time. please write me at my email ID diksharathee2@gmail. com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 May 2016

It is a 5 year old query.

@ Diksha

If this thread would be useful to continue for everyone, pls post details and continue.

Many inputs were posted and threds suggested in another thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/i-have-a-bond-issue-with-my-bank-561486.asp#.VztKIDV97IU

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register