LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

peter rodrigues   07 February 2020

Separation of Marriage


I am looking to get a divorce from my wife as I am not Happy with her and she has taken the property which I am paying on her name. please assist as I also have a 1 yr old kid


 8 Replies

Adv.Balachander Reddy ( Advocate IPR Attorney Human Rights Defender and RTI Activist)     07 February 2020

Dear sir, As per your name it is presumed that your marrige has been solemnized as per Christain rituals.

As per the applicable law, one year from the date of marrige is a pre-requisite to fiile divorce petition by any of the spouse/s. However there shall be just and valid ground for claiming the same.


peter rodrigues   07 February 2020

So if I file a divorce do I have to give any alimony?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 February 2020

Dear querist, 

You have to pay maintenance to your kid and your wife. However you will not be require to pay maintenance if your wife is employed.



peter rodrigues   07 February 2020

How much time will take to get divorce?

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 February 2020

for sake of your Child reconsider your decision, it is your child who will suffer most for no fault.
if you are firm on your decision then file divorce in competent court.

peter rodrigues   11 February 2020

I am firm on my decision and want to file the petition. Can you please help me with getting it filled?

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 February 2020

May connect to us 9456777600

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     17 February 2020

you havre to file for divorce petition on the ground of cruelty.   If you have good merits,you will get divorce


Anamika Vichare


furtherquestions give miss call


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query