25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ishan dwivedi (trainee)     01 March 2015

Sentence for helping a murderer flee

Two years back there occured a brawl between a group of boys and a person over parking issue. This brawl reached to such an extent that one or may be two of them started firing gunshots and unfortunately the other person was hit and died on the spot.

These boys after killing the person called up one of their friends(person A) to help them flee. Their friend on receiving the call went to the scene of crime and helped them flee. Afterwards all boys including person A fled but were later caught by he police and lodged in jail. 

Now cae has  been filled in district court against all of them. All these boys are in age group of 20-23 and have been lodged in jail for a year now and no bail has been granted till now to anybody. 

This person A happens to be son of a family friend of ours. 

Can the learned lawyers tell me what charges and what sentence this person A who helped the people flee from he scene of crime is likely to face?


 1 Replies

Adv. Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar (ADVOCATE)     01 March 2015

Since, you have mentioned that the case has been registered against the accused persons, It seems that  Session Case has been committed against these accused persons. Therefore, in all probabilities, whatever offences which have been registered against them must have been mentioned in the Charge-Sheet itself. Therefore, the charges mentioned in the charge-sheet are material to reveal as to what charges Mr. A is going to face. Although, Mr. A might have done only the acts that have been mentioned in your narration. However, the allegations made in the charge-sheet are material for framing the charge. 

For the sake of query, believing your words to be true, if the investigation officer has put the version stated by you in the Charge-Sheet, then Mr. A may face trial for offence punishable U/s.212 of IPC, for which the maximum sentence is 5 years imprisonment in the given circumstances. 

However, I clarify that opinion expressed by me is only formed on the basis of the info mentioned by you. For concrete opinion documents viz. Charge-sheet is necessary. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query