Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay mishra   16 April 2020

senior citizen harrasement

70 year's old senior citizen widow is mentally and physically harassed by daughter in law and grand daughter. pls tell me the procedure to file police complaint.


 8 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 April 2020

1. Call Police Control room on their emergency number "100" and request them to send officer to record your complaint. Inform them that you are a senior Citizen, for this purposes.

2. If the house title ownership is in your name, you can throw out /evicit you Son & Daughter-in-Law, under the Senior Citizen Laws, as per judgments of Supreme Court.  This is more so since Children have no inherent right to stay in Parents property, against the will of parents.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal


sanjay mishra   16 April 2020

Her son stays somewhere else and he has filed divorce case against his wife due to cruelty and false allegations. this senior citizen widow lady stays there alone. she called controle room but police did not do anything. they just told her daughter in law to not harrase her. she again started abusing her and beating her after police went back.

sanjay mishra   16 April 2020

she is owner of the house. can she throw her daughter in law and grand daughter outside house with any help of police in any way?

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     16 April 2020

she has to file only a suit for evicting them from the property.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 April 2020

Please advise the victim to file a grievance petition to District Collector Guntur and also file a petition before Lok Adalat.  At that age, someone should look after her, and it is not proper for any outsider for trying to meddle in those sensitive matters.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 April 2020

How you are related to the issue? Why you are posting the information piece-meal?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 April 2020

Move an application to the Deputy Commissioner (ex-officio Tribunal) under the provisions of Maintenance & Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens  Act, 2007.

No need for any advocate, most economical and effective legislation.

sanjay mishra   17 April 2020

I m related to this senior citizen lady. how much time it takes at senior citizen tribunal? she should file it only on the name of daughter in law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query