LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayur Dhande   03 September 2020

Senior boss asked for resign

Hi All, One of my friend is working in banking sales domain. His immediate boss asked him to do many things which are not leg but due to her pressure he did some of them. He is having all call recordings with her. I need opinion how can he proceed legally to avoid his resignation and work with dignity. He totally understood that what he did was not legal but it was like someone made him to do that and his senior boss is saying if your immediate boss told you to jump i to well, will you do that and all. Please suggest

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2020

In every bank, there is a well laid down instructions in the form of  manual, and when the employee was asked to do which is not proper, and when such actions jeopardize the interest of the institution, he is bound to report to the matter to higher authorities.  An employee in a bank is supposed to obey reasonable orders of a superior.   The unions/associations are more powerful and they might have handled thousands of such situations.  Let him approach his Union or authorities.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     03 September 2020

Senior Boss is right.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 September 2020

It is well settled that there is no master and servant relationship between  an superior and inferior employee. Moreover, instruction from an official superior is a defence neither in a tort or a crime.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 September 2020

Let your friend may improve his relation with his senior.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register