LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ShoiebAkthar (business)     03 February 2022

sending Lesser amount in DVC as no income for husband

Dear Sirs

Sending money to wife and son every month to bank No. furnished by her as per dist.court order (2009). I did not get seeing and communicating rights with her and son with DVC orders. I have filed in HC for reduction of maintenance which is pending for 4 years for admission and hearing.

1. My question is after age 18 do I get rights to see and talk to my son by default? Or do I need to take permission from court? So far Not filed and not willing to file for child visitation as it disturb his tender mind.
2. I don't have earnings last 2 years and I have income tax returns showing very small amount of 90,000 per YEAR. Blindly I am paying her every MONTH 12000/_ like government pension by getting cash from others. As this DVC maintenance for her is pending at HC for 4 Years.Is there any method to reduce maintenance? Like sending her Lesser amount?
3. How to cross check whether she is alive or not?

many thanks.


 3 Replies

Aryan Raj   04 February 2022

Dear Queriest, 

In case of divorce and child custody the court decides to give the child's custody to the parent which seems to be in the best interest of the child. This varies from case to case and in some case even the children are given the freedom to decide whether they want to stay with the father or mother, if the child is 14 years or older than that. Therefore now that your son is 18 years old and he wishes to see you as well then you can ask for permission formally through a legal application. 

And for reducing the maintenance amount also you can file an application stating all the financial problems that you are facing. 


Aryan Raj 

ShoiebAkthar (business)     05 February 2022

district court order for wife 12000 pm. i have filed at HC and got ordered to pay half 6000 pm. now i cannot pay this as low income. i am not a govt employee so far and now i lost my private job. when i have already filed at HC and pending for hearing, now where i have to file fresh petition to reduce maintenance$

Parasar   15 April 2022

file 25(2) of dv act citing change in circumstances

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query