Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

alex (desiner)     12 April 2011

seman taxation

good morning

i am working in a pipe lay vessel  regeistred in france. i work 8 months in an year. and my salary is creidted to my NRE account in banglore.

DO i am exemptated from paying tax or i should file my retruns please advise me

Learning

5 Replies

alex (desiner)     12 April 2011

good morning

i am working in a pipe lay vessel   regeistred in france. i work 8 months in an year. and my salary is creidted to my NRE account in banglore.

DO i am exemptated from paying tax or i should file my retruns please advise me

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 April 2011

Where you are working ? In india or in france.

Sushant Singh (Private Service)     12 April 2011

Alex, check relevant IT website for more information. If you are working outside the country for more that 180 days (in your case more than 240 days), the income earned ouside the country is tax free and not libiable to be taxed. Also, the proceeds are being taken into an NRI Ac. However, Im not sure weather you have to file IT returns. Its better to file IT returns (showing relevant earnings & no tax payable on income erned).  If you havent filed taxes returns before, then you have to start some time, however once you start filing returns you HAVE to do it every finacial year, else that will invite a notice from the IT department. Better talk to a CA or post relevant queryt in CA forum.

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     13 April 2011

Hi Alex,

Agree with Sushant.

you need personalised consultation in your case. Taxability depends on place of income, type of income, your residential status etc.

VKDwivedi

Jugal (ABCD)     13 April 2011

Dear Alex...I am also working as Chief Eng in M' NAvy.....Though  we have Not Taxable Income till better to fils Return..we are still earning incone in forms of Investment and still we purchase the property...gold.etctec... so better to fiel Return.....I am doing it since I joined M'Navy..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More