Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirali Nayak   30 June 2021

Sell my car

I am planning to sell my car. It was registered in Bhubaneswar, Odisha but after 5 years I shifted to Ghaziabad .today when I checked my vehicle on the Vahan app before selling it I found there is a fir on my vehicle under sec 279 and 337 in 2018. What should I do now? I don't even remember when it was lodged and didn't get any information regarding it. Kindly suggest me the solution.

 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2021

Most of the police have uploaded all copies of such FIRs since 2010 in their website.  First search for such a website, download the copies and then decide the course of further action through an advocate.

27th query in this month from a first-year law student on an entirely different issue.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2021

If there is a FIR pending on the owner of the vehicle or the driver  attached to the vehicle, then the owner of the car has to appear before the concerned court and participate in the criminal case to get it disposed.\


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query