LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish   22 October 2023

Seeling land, 2 poa


I have attached PDF file for your reference. POA document.

10 years back, we went to register office and completed a POA agreement for my dad.
He died 2 years ago.
my dad has 2 sons.
i am youngest.
Now i want to sell the land or sell my part of land or get my half share separately under my name.

1. Do i have half of the property ownership for myself?
2. Do i need consent with the 1st son to sell the whole land?
3. Can i register half of the land under my name?

i want to have my own share or sell my own share.
Can you pls provide suggestion and guidance.
Thank you.



 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2023

If your father had executed a POA then it is valid only till his lifetime.

It stands cancelled automatically upon his death. 

If the property remains undivided, unsold by the Power agent till this date, then as one of the legal heirs you are entitled to a legitimate share out of yuor fathr's property as his successor in interest or one of the legal heirs.

If your siblings or any other co-sharer is not agreeing for division of property, you can file a suit for partition before concerned court for dividing the property with  metes and bounds and for separate possession of your legitimate share in the property.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2023

When was the PoA executed? To whom PoA had been granted? Had he executed conveyance?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register