Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SEEKING INFORMATION REGARDING BIGAMY (Under IPC 494)

Page no : 2

Vikram (Manager)     06 September 2012

My brother married a girl initally when he was at the age of 19. It was not a legal marriage and no proof exists for that marriage . This matter is in court for the past 7 years (Marriage Null and Void Case).

Now after 7 years , can he marry another girl ? Since the first marriage is in argument  stage in court for nullity of marriage.

Kindly provide your suggestions on this issue.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2012

who has filed nuulity case.

Praduman (Nil)     20 August 2013

sir, on 4 March 2012 my some villagers enemies had married to my younger brother with a woman in a hindu temple by force and made 2 seperate affidavits for both as proof of marrige. The woman was already married with other person and she has a 5 years old daughter. She has not take divorce from his previous husband and She also filed a dowery case against him which is pending with lower court. my brother has live togather with him some time and after taking real information he left him. only after 6 month in the month of September 2012 she has born a baby by natural process. my brother has not generic father of new baby and his husband has not live with him last many year.

please advice me what I do for my brother? can I charged againgst him as 420, 494, 495 ?

PRAVIN (ENGINEER)     07 November 2013

dear sir

my mother's sister file case  IPC 420,  494 &  495 against her leagal married husband who got married his second marrige without taking divorce  from my aunty. is this following proof is sufficient for proving their second marrige .

1) voter ID cards of both husband & second wife.

2) ration card - name of second wife as wife  of husband. & their child name 

3) their child birth certificate in which father name & mother name is second wife's name.

4) school leaving certificate in which mother name is husband's second wife name.

PRAVIN (ENGINEER)     07 November 2013

dear sir

my mother's sister file case  IPC 420,  494 &  495 against her leagal married husband who got married his second marrige without taking divorce  from my aunty. is this following proof is sufficient for proving their second marrige .

1) voter ID cards of both husband & second wife.

2) ration card - name of second wife as wife  of husband. & their child name 

3) their child birth certificate in which father name & mother name is second wife's name.

4) school leaving certificate in which mother name is husband's second wife name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register