LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar tiwari   05 November 2021

Securing family before marriage

I am getting married this month but at the same time I am nervous about my family's well being. After getting married, I don't want my parents and younger brother to get troubled by anyone even by 1% . I wanna secure them financially. What could be the possible things done in a legal way for my family, which shouldn't come in my wife's knowledge. I don't want her to know.

Learning

5 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     06 November 2021

you can spend your hard earn money as you please.And it is your legally bounded duty to look aftr your parents besides looking after your wife and children in .future.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 November 2021

What is your apprehension about the "would be wife" or her family ? Why so ?

A hypothetical time pass topic. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 November 2021

You can give as marriage gifts to your parents, brothers, put certain fixed deposits on your parents and brothers name. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 November 2021

You can also get insurance in your name, nominate any family member, and live to separate from your own family to avoid such clashes and to get into a family settlement deed relinquishing all rights on joint family properties if you deem fit.  Most of your fears may be baseless unless your marriage is a love marriage.Even in love marriage, there may not be problems as suspected by you, if you know how to balance your life.   If the other party is litigant, he can file any number of false cases, as there are incidents of filing such cases against the husband's sisters who were abroad and never seen his brother's wife.  

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 November 2021

Your anxiety suggests that you are ill-prepared for the responsibilities of married life or life itself. Law and its procedures cannot mitigate the contingencies and exigencies of  the uncertainities and limitations of Life, married or otherwise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register