Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (nothing)     18 April 2013

Section 499 & 500. need experts advice

Hi,

I am a college student and just cleared my degree course in Bangalore. This is come to my notice with some eye witnesses, that a girl in our college is been identified manipulating my personal information through as raising false accusations, planting and fostering rumours about me. She is been found using abusive language about me in public places which results in character assassination and defamation. I have sent her legal notice twice and demanded for apologies letter in this regard but she did not respond to this.

Is it possible to file a legal case against her? whats the procedure and fee as complete expense?

Note- Copy of legal notice is attached for your reference

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Kapoor

kapoor.deepak@live.com 

Learning

6 Replies

arvind singh mann (advocate)     19 April 2013

there are two things in this 1st defamatory language which lows your image in the eyes of others, 2 ndly some one has to say that after hearing all about you ,your image have gone down in  there eyes

arvind singh mann (advocate)     19 April 2013

there are two things in this 1st defamatory language which lows your image in the eyes of others, 2 ndly some one has to say that after hearing all about you ,your image have gone down in  there eyes

advocate praveen (prop.)     19 April 2013

Dear,

You can file a defemation suti against the student as stated in your query.  You have to prove that your reputation has been ruine and damage the goodwill and also will effect your futher.

befor filing the demeation suit you have to consult the Lawyer, he will guid you to serve the legal notice and filing the defemation suit.

regards

Deepak (nothing)     24 April 2013

Thanks to all of you for your reply.

I need more details. Can i reach you on chat/phone sometime please?

my email id is kapoor.deepak@live.com

Regards

Deepak

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     18 May 2013

You can file defamation both civil and criminal.  Punishment will be imposed in criminal case and you will get damages in civil case. As Arvind singh had said, there should be witnesses who can come to the court to tell the truth in your favour or there should be some evidence that it has been published.  By engaging a good lawyer you can win the case.  

warrior (Personal)     20 May 2013

Hi,

My friend has similar situation, She distributed derogatory message about another girl(her classmate) in the college. But with the help of a kid she hired for distribution  of pamphlets most of the people saw a kid distributing and they caught and questioned him kid told that another guy asked him to distribute pamphlets who was near by, this kid ran away.

a case is filed against that guy who was portrayed as distributer of the pamphlet and many students came forward to witness in court.

The innicent guy was ex- boyfriend of this girl...thats why all the students are bliendly believed when unknown kid showed them.

All witness said in the court that a kid distributed pamphlets and he showed this guy when questioned. No one knows who is that kid and he was not in the accused list.

How can this guy fight in the court ? can court punish him even if actual distributer is not found?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register