Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gunner89   13 December 2015

Section 279, 337 and 338 ipc impact

Dear legal experts,

I met with an accident in Goa wherein my bike collided with another bike. The pillion rider of the other bike suffered fracture in the leg. The police have placed fault on me as my bike fell on the wrong side of the road(although the road dosent have any demarcation of center) .

I(although being injured myself) took the person to the hospital, paid for his medical expenses(around Rs 15k) and repaired the damaged bike(around Rs 10k). Now they have recovered.

However the driver of the bike sought more compensation from me(in lakhs). When I refused , he filed a FIR against me (2 months after the accident date). As a result Section 279, 337 and 338 IPC have been charged against me. I have engaged a lawyer and the court proceeding have started. It looks unlikely that the person would settle out of court with me, so I need to fight it out in the court.

The problem now is, I have obtained a job with a MNC. I would like to know the following- 

1) Can a private company revoke my job offer just because I am accused of something? Also even if I am convicted in these IPC's what would be the impact on my job offer or consequent job offers

2) How should I handle the same with the HR department of the company? Should I disclose it without them asking or I should only disclose about this if asked for?

3) I need to obtain police verification when securing house for rent. Will police verfication be cleared if such a criminal case is pending against me or if I am convicted later of these IPC's

4) What will be the effect on my passport renewal due to this pending court case?

Thanks for your help

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     13 December 2015

Unless proved you are not guilty of committing these offences.so only if they ask you you need to reveal that court proceeding is going on against you.as far as police verification is concerned these offences are not that severe and so you wont have much problem regarding this

Adv. Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar (ADVOCATE)     14 December 2015

The offecnces for which you are charged with do not involve moral terpitude. Therefore, In my opinion you should not have any problem with your employers despite the outcome of the case. 

Gunner89   14 December 2015

Thank both for your prompt replies. Appreciate it!

Also my passport is up for renewal soon . Would I face issues renewing it considering this case background?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register