Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamal (a)     18 June 2011

Second Marriage

Hi,

one of my muslim friend wants to marry a second girl and she is a non-muslim. They are loving each other and living together and wants to marry her legally without divorcing the first wife and without informing the second marriage info to the first wife.

Here my question is that is it possible for the muslim person to marry a hindu women second time?

And also without the knowledge of first wife he wants to do it?

He is ready to settle the family individually. Please let me know the updates on this.

Learning

7 Replies

ppbasheer (ppbasheer@gmail.com)     19 June 2011

i think he cannot marry again without first snapping his marital tie with the first wife.

1 Like

kamal (a)     19 June 2011

Hi Basheer,

Thanks for the prompt reply. In the muslim region i think the second marriage is possible. If this is the case how can he make this case as possible. Since they want to marry legally. Please do the needful suggestion.

Thanks.

Kamal

sheela subbarao (Advocate)     19 June 2011

Please advice your friend not marry anybody without divorcing the first wife. This is irrespective of religion. He will not be doing justice to either of them.

kamal (a)     19 June 2011

Hi,

We have adviced the same but he is not in a position to do. since they are living together and loving so much. And also he does not want to leave either of them. Please advice regarding this.

syed (Branch incharge)     20 June 2011

Dear

Here my question is that is it possible for the muslim person to marry a hindu women second time?

Ans : forget about second marraige, a muslim cannot marry a non muslim even first time - she/he must accept Islam before marriage and perform Nikah otherwise he/she involve in "Zina" which is SIN as per sharia

And also without the knowledge of first wife he wants to do it?

A muslim husband can marry second time even without informing to his first wife but second women must know that he is a married man - but husband must give importance to both the wife/ treat equally

He is ready to settle the family individually. Please let me know the updates on this.

to my knowledge he cant settle the family as he is marrying a non muslim girl while having first wife

Nadeem khan (asso. software engineer)     20 June 2011

my bro was married in last nov and after three months my bhabhi filled the 498 case and the investigation was on for 3 months and lastly she came and done the comprimise wid us without any problem and by her wish only & she is ready to come to our house and the case tagged FR and submitted to the court also we told at the time of comprimise tht will take her only when she completly close the case from the court and from thaan she and my brother will stay apart from our house wer me and my mother & sister stays wid me for safety reasons from next 498... she started speakin wid my bro on the phone and one day again she started threatnin my bro tht if he wont take her in two days than she will reopen the FR in the court and again will put me my mother and my bro in jail. now we dont want to take her anywhere and want to settle it for end the relationship. Can she open the FR and we have filled case sec 9 one month before she filled 498 case and now the court hearing is on 29 june of section 9 now wht reason and answer will give to the court tht why we dont wanna get her with us.how can she open the FR and how much time it will take to get open the FR in court and will case again come to the police station or it will remain in the court.

Now wht should we do in this situation cuz we feel that if she comes to our house again once again she will file another 498 and this time she will do big NATAK. so we dont want her to take with us.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 June 2011

I do not understand how the post by Mr. Nadeem Khan  is  reply to Mr.Kamal. But one thing is clear Muslim or non-Muslim Sec:123 Cr.P.C., Sec:498A IPC and the DV Act - 2005 do not spare any husband, whether Hindu, Muslim, Christian or any other. If Kamal's friend marries a second time if and when his first wife comes to know of it she can target her husband with 498A. I think even the male chauvinists, who cry hoarse against the anti-husband laws will support the first wife in this case.

A useful thing these laws do is national integration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register