LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakti Singh   30 October 2022

sec 307

There is a property dispute is going on between my father and their big brother. due to this my cousins attacked on my father with axe 🪓 so I filled a suit under sec 307. but due to relatives and villagers pressure we make an arrangement on condition they apologies and promise that it will not happen again by their side . but after six month their behaviour is again change and they abuses and threatening to kill my father. please suggest can i reopen the old case under sec 307 and if not then what would be the other remedies ?? please explain properly. thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 October 2022

"Suit under Sec 307"! What is it ? Which Act or Code?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     30 October 2022

I believe you want to mean Section 307 of IPC. But S. 307 of IPC is non compoundable. Please tell true facts.

Shakti Singh   30 October 2022

yes sec 307 of IPC means case was registered as a half murder. it is not compoundable but i don't know how the advocate change my father's statement and my cousins got bail. and the case was closed.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     31 October 2022

Getting bail doesn't mean that the case is closed. Find out the status from the public prosecutor.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 October 2022

Be specific qua applicability of provision of section 307 of which Act / law ???

Presumption of law will not work. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register