Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Lamba (manager)     21 July 2011

Sec 24

Hi Everyone!

Dear sirs, 

I have a querry about this maintenance :-

My divorce case is going on sec 13(i)a this case is in Chhatishgarh state. and my wife files crpc125 at another state (M.P.), now after 2 hearing at Chhatishgarh state family court they filed maintenance (same amount) claiming 16,000 per month and also case expenses 50,000 under section 24. 

(1). Can we do anything to close or shift that case of crpc125 from another state (M.P.) to my state Chhatishgarh where they are claiming same amount. Is there any option of transferring because of this reason.

thx. and regards,

Prashant

Learning

2 Replies

Ms Liberal (others)     22 July 2011

Actually Divorce application can now be filed in the jurisdiction in which the wife is residing. earlier it was there where the matri home was located. However you can file the application for transfer if you have valid reasons and court will find it appropriate

Parth Chandra (none)     22 July 2011

Hi Experts,

I have query on Sec-24 as below

1) Can any person who has filed divorce can ask maintenance using Sec-24 or it can be filed only by the opoosite (respnding) party?

2) If the pertitioner can file Sec-24 then does the court treat it differently in absence of any prima-facie evidence to support allegations?

Awaiting expert comments on this.

Regards,

PC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register