SC ST atrocity Act

Can I lodge a complaint in Atrocity Act against Inter caste ST person ?? Inter caste means .. his Father Belongs to OC
and his mother belongs to ST... please suggest me...

Under Section 3(2)(i) of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, whoever, not being a member of SC/ST, gives or fabricates false evidence intending thereby to cause any member of SC/ST to be convicted of an offence which is capital by the law for the time being in force shall be punished with imprisonment for life, and with fine, and if an innocent member of SC/ST is convicted and executed in consequence of such false or fabricated evidence, the person who gives or fabricates such false evidence, shall be punished with death.

So, no member of the same community will not be prosecuted under this Act. 

Joy Bose


what is the procedure can do by the police before and after FIR



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x