Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PT (NA)     06 August 2012

Sc - notice service

Hello All,

a) I have appeared in person in the Hon'ble SC. After getting the ex-parte stay order in the first hearing, served notices to the 3 respondents through the SC registry.

b) In the 2nd hearing the office report placed before the Hon'ble Judges mentioned that either unserved cover OR AD (acknowledgement card) were not returned for 2 respondents, and hence the service is incomplete.

c) The Hon'ble Judges asked registry to list the matter immediately after completion of service.

I do not know how I should proceed now. Please guide me as to what I should do now?

Regards,

PT

Learning

4 Replies

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     06 August 2012

Dear Sir

Please keepan eye on the status of your case through Supreme Court's website www.supremecourtofindia.nic.in or www.sci.nic.in. Please navigate to "Case Status" or "Daily Orders" section to know the status of the case. Before the case is listed before the bench, the matter willbe listed before the court of Ld. Reistrar for completion of service. The next date of listing will be displayed on the website.

You may also appear before the Registrar and also seek Dasti Service to the parties. In Dasti service  the Court gives a copy of the notice and you serve the notice to the concerned Respondent in person and file the proof of service with an affidavit to the Court. Please note, Dasti service is to be effected in person and not through postal services. Please also note that if the unserved cover is returned to the SC registry, you will have to give correct address of the Respondent for effecting service.

Once there is a stay in your favour, you need not worry much. But I would suggest that you also take interest before the court of Ld. Registrar and ensure that the Respondents are served and your case is advanced in time. Supreme Court gives preference in listing of cases, which are presented by the parties in person.

Warmly

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar, Adv.

+91-9868002365

www.jaipuriar.com

surjit singh (Assistant)     06 August 2012

Mr Divya is totally correct, but you may also go through Order 5 Rule 9 of the Code of Civil Procedure also for being totally clear on the issue of service of notice.

PT (NA)     11 August 2012

Mr Divya, Mr Surjit

Thank you very very much. I spoke to the Listing section and the staff asked me to check with concerned section first. This is Section IIa. I shall follow up this week in written.

Regards

PT

madhu mittal (director)     21 August 2012

Respected Sir PT,

let me know how to appear party in person from your personal experiance, I want to talk to you, if you can provide your email address andd/or your telephone no. Because even after knowing many things in law, one has to appear in Supreme Court through lawyers and many a times, your case is dismissed in non-prosecution as ours on 05072012. I also want to know about:

JAIN FISCAL SERVICES PVT.LTD vs SHRI SHANKAR SONI AND ANR
slp crim 12812 of 2012 order dated 05072012 was dismissed for 
non-prosecution in Supreme Court. Any remedy available to
 me i.e. JAIN FISCAL SERVICES PVT.LTD, the petitioner?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register