LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (consultant)     03 December 2012

Save my brother from girls family

My name is Rajesh and married and having 2 kids and living in Bangalore.  

I have one younger brother who is physically challenged person.

Also my mother she is aged 62 who is also not 100% fit as her left hand in usable condition after sustaining a fracture.  As she need to use only her right hand alone for cooking and other works.

Since he is physically challenged person my father started a Xerox shop in Chennai in 2008.  Since my father also getting old and he thought someone need to be there to take care of my brother for rest of his life.  So we searched for a suitable life partner and Nov 2010, through one marriage broker we got to know about one girl, she is also partially handicap person.  During November 2010, the marriage broker and the girls relative (Chitthi) came to our house and see my brother.  They asked my family to visit their native to see the girl.  On December 2010,my brother went to her native place along with my parents and decided to marry her after few discussions .  My father told the girls family that the house which we live was for my brother only.

On 7th Feb 2011, marriage was held in a Temple in Chennai.  All the marriage expenses were spent by my father.  One month after marriage, my girls relative (Chitthi) came to our house and asked my father that there is some ritual which need to be performed in her house and for that they want to take my brother and his wife and told that they will send them in 2 days.  But they didn’t sent them as they said.  Instead they asked my father to bring everyone from  my family to their house to discuss some dispute.

My father called me and explained about this and I went to their house along with my father in law.  When we went there they are complaining about my mother that they are not treating the girl properly.   They told that they will not allow my brother and his wife to his house unless this issue sorted out. 

My father denied this allegation and also offered an unconditional apology to everyone for this issue.

During the course of time my father was not able to make enough return from the shop which he running and decided to sell the house which they lived.  So by selling the house he thought he will get some considerable amount of money and with that money he can run the family without much pressure.  But before selling the house he informed this to girls family about his intention.  Initially the girls family was not happy about this.  But my father told that to run a family he need around Rs.20000 per month.  With the help of the Xerox shop he is not able to generate such a big amount.

Then he sold the house in 2011 March and invested in a Fixed deposit. 

Once my father sold the house, the girls family, particularly her relative (Chitthi) came to our house and told  my father that they want to buy one land near Meenjur(Outskirts of Chennai) so that in future it will be helpful for the couple (My brother and his wife). 

My father told them that if we buy a land then monthly interest amount which he is getting from Fixed deposit will reduced.  But due to consistent pressure he agreed to the demand of buying a land.

On Feb 2012, my family came to know that my brother’s wife was pregnant.  On June 21st we conducted a ceremony (Seemantham).  On that day itself girls relative (Chitthi) took her to their house along with my brother.  On June 22, 2012 the newly purchased land for Rs. 4,75,000 (Rupees four lakh seventy five thousand) has been registered jointly in the name of my brother and his wife.

Then the girls relative (Chitthi) asked my father to relocate to their place near Manali, Chennai.  But somehow she has convinced my father and on Sept 5th 2012 my father shifted his house to Manali Mathur.  Since my father does not know about the locality, girls relative asked my father to live in her house for LEASE and for that my father paid Rs.2,75,000 (Rupees Two Lakh seventy five thousand).  Later we found that the house was not belong to her and she has given an agreement as if she is the owner.

My father gave Rs.200,000 (Rupees Two lakh) to the girls relative as a credit which she told that she will return it on January 2013.  Until that period she is agreed to pay Rs.4000  per month.

On 25th September 2012, a baby boy has been born to my brother and after that within 15 days without prior information girls relative (Chitthi) send back the girl and her kid to my brother’s house.

On 14th Nov 2012 mid night my father has expired.  One of our relative told that there is an organisation in South Tamil Nadu which is specially runs for Physically handicap persons by providing training and job for them and also they are ready to support their childrens education.  We thought it would be better idea so that my brother does not rely on anyone.  But for that idea also the girls relative (Chitthi) is not accepted and she is telling that they are going to start a small industry for making paper cups and plats. They want my brother to work there as an employee and he will be paid for that.  

Since my father is not alive, the girls relative (Chitthi) is telling that she will not return the money which she took from father and telling that she is going to construct a house using the lease amount and the money which my father gave to her as credit. Total amount comes around Rs. 4,75,000 (Rupees Four lakh seventy five thousand).

We are not sure what is the security for my brother and my mother over there.  We are worried that they might threaten my mother and my brother to get the remaining money which my father invested.  

I would like to know in what way we can save my brother from this precarious situation.

Note : From the day one we are not interacted with girls mother and everything has been taken care by her relative (Chithti) as she is telling that she is the care taker.

Please provide us the best possible solution to come out of this problem.

Regards

Rajesh

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register