LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijaylaxmi (business)     29 November 2010

save me want advice urgently

m from rajasthan from a vry orthodox rich family.i m madly in luv frm past 3years.we are not married and previously we had decided to convince our parent.but as i told my family they acted very aggresively.they have refused to marry me to that boy and they zre presuurizing me to leave that boy otherwise they will kill him.and my boyfrn is alone in his family.his father is no more and only his mother is there with i am afraid that he dont have any family support if sumthng happens to him.but at the sam time we cannot live without each what can we do in this case. and as i am from a very rich reputed family they can do anything to also i cannot go anywhere out of home.they are searching boys to marry me soon.i have only one or two months left.and they can bribe police also.and we know the condition of police in india. they can get that boy kill through someone else also. in some days it may be that my family can snatch my cellphone and lappy also. plzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzz do help us someone.i plead plz someone help usi want to marry him


 10 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     29 November 2010

if you are a rich person,meet a very good reputed,honest criminal lawyer who's sensitive to women and can handle your problem.well..i think  u can also meet a good women's organisation who fight for women's rights.these are just my personal views.


since yours is a very tricky matter,i will not add anything further.just wait for some lawyers to guide u.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 November 2010

1. Since your family is rich and powerful and your entire brief shows your immaturity to the situation I suggest to remove your rainbow love glasses and understand the below village saying well before jumping in (however I as for one will not stop you if you both are adults and can sail the marriage boat post such uncompatiable contested marriage);

In today's modern India which is still tradional and living in age old customary times traditons says;

"Jaad, joru aur jameen ka bade sonch samajh kar leen deen karani chahiye"
By: Customary India

2. There are experts here in LCI who are excellent in Hindi who will translate the above golden wrods of our great grandparents for you don't worry........till that time be in company of mature ladies of your side of family who will make you understand the implication of non-status marriage after effects in terms of family, support and continuity of a love marriage to a boy of below your family status scenarios in Indian context.

ld. Ladies I don’t mean to be offensive using traditional word ‘joru’ here and if sense and sensibilities gets offended then usage of one particular word as in above is un-intended and un-intentional…….............


In india you find many family orthodox.There is no  law which presuurizing you  to leave that boy.

You can decide whether you have to marry that boy or not.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 November 2010

Take bold step.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     29 November 2010

Do Watch a lot of hindi films and TV serials. You will get many ideas.



You can help one innocent guy from being shattered... by not obliging to marry him........................... only due to pressure from your family .......................... and for the sake of your familie's prestige and reputation.



sugandh (engineer)     29 November 2010

Never take steps that would hurt you in the long run. For some family is important. But I guess family values play the key role in your case. Try to get some one from the family to help you out, some one  very close to you, mother, aunty, uncle, some one, tell them so that they understand your situation. Take a wise step, of course marrying that person would make you happy, but think about cases if that person will be able to live with you even without your family support, and also visit the human rights commission web site in your area rajasthan. Call some one to help you out of this. Before all this think again and all the best for taking a wise decision.

Adv B.B.Gambhir #9814820602 (advocate)     29 November 2010

first of allfile a writ before Hon'ble High Court of your state or move an application before the Hon'ble Session Judge of your city and seek protection for yourself and for your boy also. then move an application before the deputy commissioner or registrar of marriage for registraration of marriage after getting protection order only. you can also move an application at National Women Commission, New Delhi. who will provide you proper help.


vijaylaxmi (business)     29 November 2010

thnx for your advice.other are cowards in this site i suppose.thank u very can i file writ and how can i send application.what are the proper procedures. and can some1 else do it on my behalf as i cannot go out of home.can my friends do it on my behalf.

i need one more suggestion.what if an unmarried couple while eloping from house are caught before marriage.can a girl ask police not to send her back to home.can she take  help from police and ask them to move her to court in front of judge where she can tell her problem and seek help from court.

and what can one do if police refuses to provide help

plz reply

Viswanath (Student)     29 November 2010

AS you say you may not be allowed to move about even, at this stage you can resort to National Human Rights Commission's aid to safeguard your rights to move.

Further you can marry person of your choice, if both of you are more than stipulated years of age.


Even then if you have fear of life, yuo can resort to same Human Rights Commission as well you can also lodge a personnal complaint under Sec 200 of Cr P C before a magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query