LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Trivender Singh   04 January 2020

Samsung mobile warrenty terms

I have purchased samsung mobile m20 3 months ago, 2 days ago its sceen started to black out, by evening complete screen blacked out. Took it to service center, they declared it due to impact that the screen has been damaged, no dent marks on mobile or screen, later asked me to contact customer service foe the same to get it covered in warrenty. To my surprise Customer service rejected my complaint saying there are scratch marks on the back side of mobile, hence warrenty is void irrespective of any part failure. Now i am in shock, is it justified that mobile phone warranty can be void merely because of scratch marks? To keep mobiles in warrenty we are required to keep them always wrapped up?

Learning

8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 January 2020

What are the terms and conditions of the warranty card/book kept in the box issued with mobile when you purchased it?  If there are any defects, file case in consumer forum by consulting a local lawyer.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2020

Move complaint to District Consumet Disputes Redressal Forum through a local prudent lawyer.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2020

Move complaint to District Consumet Disputes Redressal Forum through a local prudent lawyer.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 January 2020

You need to go through the warranty card of the Mobile Phone and chek for any such things. However it is better to consult somke lawyer and seek proepr guieiance,you can file complaint in consumer forum by yourself and see what will be the reaction from op

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 January 2020

Typo;

Somke lawyer  ;;;;* some lawyer

Proepr;                   *proper

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 January 2020

Before proceeding to DCF, build up a lot of correspondence that discloses your honest and sincere efforts in getting a remedy atleast for one month.  These can be used as notices.  Mere scratching on the back cover can disable a guarantee.  But, there may be manipulations to repair it, by opening.  If the mobile was opened by unauthorized mechanics or by you then those actions can reflect in scratching of the cover.  Many companies may not entertain guarantee if it is handled by unauthorized mechanics. Tough fight and if you have time fight it out in the forum.

Trivender Singh   11 January 2020

Thanks all for suggestions, to the alternate, samsung service center understood the concern, and has replaced the screen free of cost as there were no signs of dent or impact force signs on the body.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 January 2024

not an advertising agency..........................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register