LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murali Krishana (self)     16 March 2015

Sale rights on settlement deed

My Grand father made a family settlement to my aunty (his daughter) which is under our possession but Grand father's self acquired property. My father died before this settlement and My uncle ( my father's brother) signed as witness. Now grand father also died.

Here, As a grand son ( and having Possession of the property by oral partition from my grand father)

1. Can I challege the settlement rights to my aunty through court?

2. Is it possible to sale only with family settlement (registered) by my aunty without court tiltle declaration?


 1 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     16 March 2015

You must first go to the court before they sale the property. You can challenge the validity of the settlement deed as it is obtain by fraud or coerction or undueinfluence. and obtain injunction not to sell the property and not to disturb your peaceful possession. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register