LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Sale or purchase property received from mother or sister.

I have recently purchased property by Sale Deed from my father's cousin brother (Sh. Khem Chand), who he got as a share from his widow mother (Smt. Kala Vati, after her death) and also all property share from his married sister by "Sumochan / Haq Tyag".

1) Sh. Khem Singh (Uncle) also have another  two real brothers.

2) Sister release her property by "Sumochan/ Haq Tyag" in fevour of Sh. Khem Singh only.

3) Firstly Sh. Khem Singh sales his mother share to me and after few month he sales some part of sister share to me also.

4.) Property is still undivided and all brothers cultivated as per oral division.

5) I take my possession on land before a six month before and make a plot an till now there is no dispute in it.

Now my question are :

1) The mother share received is still an Anchester Property or is become a Self Acquired Property to  Sh. Khem Singh.  

2) Sister "Haq Tyag" is register deed and both brother are aware of it.

3) Is this sale deed is valid by law o not, can another brother claim that the part Sh. Khem Singh sale is Anchester Property?  

4) How can I now get my separate partition from whole land?




 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   30 November 2023

How did kalavati inherited property from her father or from mother side.


From her husband after death as virasat...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register