Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mythili (none)     06 January 2012

Sale of undivided share of the land

Hi

My father owned a land in chennai with an independent house on it that is being rented out. He passed away in 2006. Now me the daughter, my mother and my brother becomes the1/3, 1/3 and 1/3 legal hiersof  the property. I need money now so I wanted to sell my share of it and when I checked with my brother for partition he is saying he is not willing for partition and will not come for partition in future also. My mother is willing to give her 50% of her 1/3 share to me and another 50% to my brother so that me and my brother gets 1/2 share of the land. I would like to know if can I sell my undivided portion of land?If so what kind of deed should my mother pursue to transfer half of her share to me? When I consulted a lawyer he advised my mother to go for a settlement deed to transfer her half f 1/3 share and then file a caveat to stop any suite or stay and then sell the undived share of my land, but a document writer whom I know is saying this is not possible. Please help me in this regard

Mythili

Learning

1 Replies

RANGA RAO BORRA (Supdt..)     06 January 2012

what your lawyer said is correct.

it is possible.

1st your mother will execute a settlement deed in your favour.(1/2 in 1/3 share.)

then you can sale undivided share of 1/2 in total property, if the buyyer is ready.

No objection will come from registrar side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register