Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shanmugam (senior software engineer)     16 January 2012

Sale of my grand father's property by my father

Hi Sir,

we had a 4.5 acres of agricultural land in my hometown which is in tamilnadu. This land is come from my grandfather's - grandfather like that. from last 200 years this property is belong to my family which is divided in every stage and for my father it has become 4.5 acres. my father used to drink hardly(everyday). after my grandfather death, my father's brother got sign from my father without knowledge of my mother and myself. that time i was 12 years old. now 30. i have one sister. my mother also passed away at my 13 year. for 1.5 acres my father put sign. but other than my father no one has signed for that. even my uncle didn't give the full money to my father. myuncle also no more now but he has 2 son's still there are alive. for another 3 acres of land my mother and father put sign jointly to other brothers those peoples are still alive. this happened when i was in 12 years of old. but all the property belong to my family from around 200 years. please advise is it possible for me to get back those lands. because almost 20 years over. if its possible then i would like to know the process to get back those property. and how long it will take.

Please advise. if its possible to get those land. it would be very helpfull for me.

thanks,

Shanmugam.M

senior software enginer

bangalore

shanmuthusamy@gmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 January 2012

Your father has right to sell his share in the ancestral property but not entire property. File a suit for partition and seperate possession you and your brother and sisters and your mother will get equal share in that property.

Hi Sir,

Thankyou for your immediate response.

Thanks,

Shanmugam.M

Hi Sir,

but almost 20 years over. will that make any diff in the case if i file a suit now and how long it will take.

pease advise.

Thanks,

Shanmugam.M

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register