LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

padmanabhan giridhar   25 December 2023

Sale deed correction

Through a society, my father bought a plot and registered in Tamilnadu. I checked the sale deed recently and discovered a plot number error. Please advise and provide options for making the necessary corrections.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/create_message.asp


 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2023

How did you find the plot number to be wrong, did you verify the previous document ?

If there is an error in your registered document to that of the principal/mother document, then you may get a rectification deed executed through the vendor.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 December 2023

If the plot number is wrongly noted in the present document, your seller shall rectify it through a rectification deed.  If the plot number is wrongly noted in the mother document, then that party must get a rectification deed from that seller/transferor and that party must rectify the plot no, to his buyer and like that link.

SATYANARAYANA K (Advocate)     26 December 2023

If error in the present document, then seller has to execute a Rectification Deed before the Register Office, you can approach the seller to execute Rectification Deed.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 December 2023

I fully agree and appreciate the opinion and advise of experts hereinabove.

Get a rectification deed registered, if you are confirm about error in the sale deed. 

padmanabhan giridhar   26 December 2023

Thanks for your replies.

I have mother deed, Society is the seller here, and it was dissolved.still I proceed with the rectification deed without the seller is it possible. 

1. Is it acceptable to submit the self-affidavit to the registration office for the change

2. whether it will be done as new registration 

3. Is it acceptable to Transfer the property to my son with existing plot no. and then shall i correct the plot number through retification deed. 

or anyother possible solutions / options



SATYANARAYANA K (Advocate)     26 December 2023

You cannot execute Rectification Deed before the Registrar Office.

1. Not Acceptable

2. No, Seller have to execute Rectification Deed instead of New Registration

3. No

You may file a Civil Suit for Declaration, Declaring the correct Plot Number

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register